Friday, August 21, 2009

An Eventful Day for Mr Pussy!!!!

When I opened y eyes this morning Judging by the day light I realised ...that it was far from 5:00am ...checked my alarm N right I was ...it was 8:15 ...college begins at 8:00am ...I was late today ..too ....so well I made the most of It.. I slept in ...got extremely weird dreams that I don't remember ..I do remember that they were completely random ...I have to check what I think about before I sleep...... Iwas then woken up again to the strains of "Do u have to be woken up everyday now!!!!" the rough Vocals were provided by none other than my dad. As I groggily woke up from my slumber ..he informed the cat was back n the wound on his "hand" (front right paw actually ...but we sometimes forget that they aren't human) was a little better ...in the sense that it was no longer swollen ..but his paw looked like ....m sure a slightly more horrific version of Dumbledore's cursed hand ...from Harry Potter n The Half Blood Prince . Well his paw was swollen lately with exposed flesh ...caused by none other than my personal age old enemies "the maggots" (yeah they have gotten many of the dogs in this area .. n no offence to the maggots cause they were obviously made that way (if some body called God can detect the sarcasm...)but the idea of something eating ur flesh while ur still alive is horrendous n extremely disgusting !!!!!!!)well coming back to Mr Pussy Cat (yeah we didn't name him ....don't ask why it will lead to further divergence from the present topic ..like now for example) coming back .....his paw was swollen n I detected some of my horrible friends in there chomping away ..or melting the flesh to size able proportions ..whatever they do ....I applied what I normally apply n something that has proved to be very effective ....TURMERIC powder aka Haldi in Hindi..now this is an age old remedy for maggots ..they just cant stand the awesome spicy power of turmeric ......so I applied this for three days ..... the wound seemed to be healing ....however the day before yesterday when I saw the leg ...the infection seemed to have increased ..however when I saw the poor fellow biting his own flesh in frustration I realised the cause ....well on that very day my Dada told me that we should take him to the Ahimsa{..means non violence in Hindi) shelter close by since the wound seemed to be more than a mere infection ....I agreed ..N the next day we see ...NO CAT:( he didn't comeback home ..I went out looking for him ..(calling never works in this guys case) ...but couldn't find him ....welll he wasnt a very nice cat u know he kept stealing our food n messing our clothes n his poop st inked ...I had to clean some the other day *( I guess he left it as punishment for not letting him in cause of the smell of his paw ...BUt hey not letting him was my mom's idea...n she was oblivious o the horrendous stench he left near the bathroom )..However I realised that I missed him n That I was actually concerned for his well being ....I was kinda sad bout it u know .. I surprised my self by that ...well I prayed that by some miracle someone somewhere would have taken care of him ...we have loads of good ppl here (I was thinking bout my next door neighbours while saying that ..they love animals more than me...Just imagine if they were my mom's kids ...he he he he he )...but today dad along with bickering about how I sleep till late (hey 10.00am is still morning !!!!!!!!)told me that the cat was back n we would be taking him to the shelter ..I was happy got up got ready ...n all ..may dad gave him milk n fish so that he would stay put ...the task was...how the hell do we take him ..we didn't have a carrier for him as we don't normally take him to a vet ..he is very fortunate in that sense ..so my dad took out an old carry bad ...which the cat jumped out of ...well we needed to think of something more practical ...so Dada (upon my suggestion brought out an old kit bag ...a one with a zipper ) Mr Pussy cat was put in it with his Head sticking out so that he doesn't cause Ne damage to him self .....N the smell was contained inside .....
After a long wait n the pussycat getting more restless by the minute we got a rick ...n off we were ....he gave up struggling half the way n resigned him self to sitting completely inside the bag {..looked to me that he thought ..he was getting the long overdue visit to the market that he so dreaded ...(getting ur food on the platter beats scavenging for it neday ....)}Well as we reached the shelter ..he got restless again ...thank god his head wasn't out side the bag ...I don't know what he would have done if he had seen that pretty cat with the amputated leg bounding up to us to say hi!!The Doctor took one look at him n told us it was gangrene ......n they might have to amputate his leg to stop it from spreading ...mY stomach knotted at size he indicated ....Poor Mr Cat I'm feeling bad as I Write this ... we left him there they will take care of him ..they take care of strays ...our cat isn't completely a stray ...but they will provide him the best care .....We can visit him between 4-6 pm . Well I have to admit it wasn't that easy letting him go there .........but it had to be done....I Know he will be okay whatever happens ..he is Just blessed ......yeah he is .......a Blessed Arse of a CAT!!!! he will be alright ... paw or no paw he will get back to his original Job of stealing our fish when he gets back .........
"Smelly cat Smelly cat what are they feeding you ??
Smelly cat Smelly Cat its not ur fault!!!!!"
Adios ..I will try to get up in time for college tomorrow .......But till then PLs pray for my Cat ....actually pls pray for animals all over the world ..n do ur part in being kind to them ...Just because they cant talk, walk n think rationally doesn't make them lesser Humans u c ..
Well Good bye n god bless cya next time !!!!!muahh!!

2 comments:

  1. nice build up to a morbid story...you can really make my brain imagine the story...and take it to another level...personally I wish you would put the Poor soul out of it's misery...do him a HUGE favor...but...I guess....he Mr. Cat, needs some more dose of this bad world.

    Esperta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I know I know...but I want him to stay a little longer ...I know I am selfish but he is such an interesting cat!!!!!!!!!! cant help it.

    ReplyDelete