Thursday, March 1, 2012

On the day I called for help, you answered me.

                Today as I was swabbing the floor I was thinking about the stuff going on in my life and how a lot of things are beyond my control, some people and some events, while this is a plain and simple fact at times it can be annoying that things aren't going your way or comfortably smooth. As thoughts went from one thing to another something struck me, the thought that these happenings color my life. I obviously if left to my own devices would never expose myself to some of the people and some of the situations that I have been exposed to recently, they have been highly confusing some even meaningless and hurtful. But then its experience that I am gaining from them, a new skill, learning a way of dealing with people, so although I wish life to be roses... this is what it actually is and I guess I will benefit form experiencing it completely.
                 There was this line I said to myself at the that time that  'God gives us situations that would prepare us for the point in time where our prayers will be answered' and I believe that to be true, through my personal experience I can say that God answers our prayers and eventually the situations that we face, however overwhelming it  may be at the moment, all seems to make sense. As a Christian also sometimes the challenge is to keep the hope alive, that whatever the situation that I or my family is in I have a loving God who loves us more that we may ever love our selves, our children or whoever we may love most, that God will not let me down.
                The two readings of today also echo this faith that we are called to have. In the first reading we see Queen Esther's faith as she makes an appeal to God to come to her aid in the difficult situation that she is facing. In the Gospel Jesus tells us to trust that God wants what is best for us and answers our prayers, "Ask and you will receive".
It was amazing how my thoughts were echoed in today's readings. The psalms thanked God for being there by us always.

Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me.
I will give thanks to you, O LORD, with all my heart,
for you have heard the words of my mouth;
in the presence of the angels I will sing your praise;
I will worship at your holy temple
and give thanks to your name.

              Yes situations are still not ideal they most probably never will be, however there is the assurance that I am in safe and loving hands and am moving towards something good and yes there is going to be some point in time where I am going to realize that ALL my prayers are answered in the most amazing of ways possible. Till then the challenge is to keep singing to God and to keep the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment