Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Thinking


If you think you are beaten, you are;
If you think you dare not, you won't,
If you like to win, but don't think you can,
Its almost a clinch you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you're lost;
For out in the world you find,
Success begins with a fellow's will;
It's all in a state of mind.

For many a game is lost
Ere even a play is run,
And many a coward falls
Ere even his work begun,

Think Big and your deed will grow,
Think small and you'll fall behind;
Think that you can and you will,
It's all a state if mind.

If you think you are out-classed, you are;
You've got to think high to rise;
You've got to be sure of yourself before,
You can ever win a prize.

Life battles don't always go
To the stronger of faster man,
But sooner of later, the man who wins
is the fellow who thinks he can.

-Walter D. Wintle

I came across this poem when I was going through some of my stuff recently, I like this poem... I like reading inspiring stuff now and then......the poem is called " The man who thinks he can" or "Thinking" and  is written by Walter D. Wintle I haven't found much on him .... Wiki says that there are many versions of this poem and people are unable to figure out which is the original....
This is the version I have hope you liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment